Monday, May 26

Mediterraneo Restaurant in Positano


My friend Cindy asked me to hep her hang some paintings for a little exhibition she was holding at the Mediterraneo restaurant over in Fornillo.
IT was a lovely sunny morning so I drove down into town on my new motorino and parked right outside the restaurant...so much easier than a car!
When Cindy isn't in Positano she is doing charity work in India, and recently decided to hold an exhibition of the artwork of some of the kids she works with.

We hung'em like this:
If you're passing through town in the next month please stop by and have a look.

We took it one step further and came back later on for dinner...
The Mediterraneo is famous for its stuffed zucchini flowers. Order them as a starter, they are light and airy and you won't want to share them.
 Cut into them and you'll see the flower emerge through the tempura and then out oozes the hot, creamy ricotta...
After that, I like to order another starter as a main. I often choose the Antipasto delle Sirene:
Or if you fancy a pasta dish this homemade seafood pasta (Scialiatielli in Cartoccia) comes wrapped up in foil and is super yummy..

Desserts are a must (that's why I have 2 starters, to save room for dessert). I have a suspicion that they change desserts often as we have different choices each time we go, but they are all good and even better sharing and swapping, so that you get the best of both worlds!
This one oozed out hot chocolate once we cut into it..mmmm.
For more information on Ristorante Mediterraneo click here!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post Nicki! I will put Mediterraneo on our list to try when we are there in 3 weeks. Can you recommend any place I could get a massage while I am in Pos?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...